Sunday 30 December 2012

Nail of the Day ~ new year nails.

 Used:
Urban Outfitters W.I.P in Twinkie
Accessorize in Aztec

I'm not sure how I feel about these nails but in the end it doesn't matter much since about 5 minutes after taking these photos I ruined half of them by putting shoes on, sometimes you think your nails have dried and then they just stab you in the back. I didn't have time to clean up the messy edges as well. Also, I know it's every girls' dream to have long nails but this is pretty much the limit for me, typing is hard and it just feels a bit weird.
I've been wanting to use Twinkie for ages, I mean, pink and blue holographic stars with silver holographic glitter - what isn't there to love? However, I've found it a challenge to find a base colour that works well. Aztec is one of my favourite duochromes and it needed some love, so I decided to force them together, like an arranged marriage. I found that the stars in Twinkie don't follow the curve of my nail which means that the points bent, but I'm guessing if I used a thicker top coat that might have stuck them down a bit better.
I am currently blogging from France, having just coming back from skiing, I am so exhausted! I hope everyone else is enjoying the festive season and has some good plans for tomorrow!
w.i.p twinkie swatch

8 comments:

  1. Aztec is beautiful! It's a shame that the mani didn't last long ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is really pretty :)
      Haha, well, it's my own fault for being impatient.

      Delete
  2. bbeautiful combination- I want twinkle now :) and your nails are 200x neater than mine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glitter and stars, but I think it actually looks better if the stars are only on one fingernail like in the last picture.
    The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you're right. That's why I didn't put them on all my nails, would've definitely been an overloads.

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...