Tuesday 25 December 2012

Face of the Day ~ Snow Maiden.

First of all, Merry Christmas! I expect you're all about to dig into some amazing food and then veg out for many hours, hopefully this will be perfect material to browse whilst digesting copious amounts of food. Onto the makeup!
This look was just so much fun. It is the first of a bi-weekly makeup tag challenge that my gorgeous friends Bekki, Charley and I are beginning together. This week's theme was (obviously) Christmas! To see everyone else's looks go here. It was kind of rushed, I did it at the same time as I was packing my bags (I'm spending Christmas and New Year's with family in France this year, along with the boyfriend) so I would have liked to have spent maybe a bit more time on it, but all in all I'm pretty pleased. I wanted to an ice queen style look, because snow is one of my favourite aspects of the Christmas season. It was my first attempt at coloured eyebrows, although usually I wouldn't go so light. It was hard to actually get rid of as much of my black hair as possible, as you can see, it's still visible, even after eyeliner, pout paint and glitter. I will definitely be experimenting with this in the future, probably in dark purple or blue to match my hair. Lips match the eyes, so there's not much to say about that, other than I'm glad I could put my Sweetpea & Fay blue grey lipstick to good use.
The swirls on the eyes are loosely inspired by the patterns made by the ice fairies from Fantasia, which I watched the other day (I absolutely love the mythology and fairy sections, so pretty). Although I'm pretty embarrassed at my horrendously wonky eye lining, but like I said, I was in a pretty big hurry.
I hope you like it! Let me know if you've seen any good snow/ice inspired looks!
 Face:
Illamasqua ~ Rich Liquid Foundation in RF133

Eyes:
MUA ~ Professional Eye Primer
Sleek ~ Jubliee from Glory I-Divine 2012 palette
Sleek ~ Pillow Talk from I-Divine Ultra Matte V2 Darks palette
Colortrend ~ liquid eyeliner in Baby Doll Blue
Sweetpea & Fay ~ Liquid lipstick in Nordic 
Illamasqua ~ Precision Ink in Scribe
The Body Shop ~ Eye Shimmer in 01
Soap & Glory ~ Thick & Fast mascara
+ anonymous shimmer palette, various glitters and craft pearls

Eyebrows:
Rimmel ~ Soft Kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White
Sleek ~ Pout Paint in Cloud 9

Lips:
Barry M ~ Kohl Pencil in White
Sweetpea & Fay ~ Liquid lipstick in Nordic
   Collection 2000 ~ Dazzle Me in Magical

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and snowy :) Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a lovely time in France!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^-^ thank you! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...