Wednesday 1 August 2012

Review & Swatches ~ Sugarpill Love+ eyeshadow.

I cannot tell you how excited I was when the boyfriend got me my first Sugarpill product for our 2 year anniversary, and the one called Love+ as well! I've been obsessed with Sugarpill for a while (ever since I started getting into bright, indie makeup brands) and recently their red pressed eyeshadow really peaked my interest since I'd been looking for a bright red for ages but all I could find were burgundys and the like. I'm even more excited now because Cyberdog is now selling Sugarpill in the UK and there's a Cyberdog really not far from me at all!

In order for me to test out the product fully I did a Face of the Day with it before I wrote this review and I have to say I was and am still very impressed.

First off! The packing is beyond cute. Seriously. Look at that. The shadow comes in an adorable box and all of it looks really professional. The compact seems sturdy and there looks to be a lot of product. Application was great and I found very little fall-out which means less mess and less waste. The pigmentation is amazing! The swatch below was done without any primer and it took ages to get all of it off, so there's a lot of staying power as well. What I love about this colour and why I needed it so bad is that it's so unique - I have yet to find another matte, vibrant true red anywhere, be it indie or high street brand and luckily for me the one I found is very good, if not slightly expensive. For me in England this costs £10 from Cyberdog but even so I think your definitely paying for a quality product. I am very tempted to purchase some other colours - I'm eyeing up a lot of their loose pigments. Apart from the price I really did have much to criticise, the application has to be careful, due to the staying power mistakes can be a pain but I'd say that's really quite minor.
All in all an awesome product!

Pros

  • professional looking packaging
  • high pigmentation
  • long lasting
  • little fall out
 

Cons

  • price tag 
  • difficult to remove







6 comments:

  1. Wow the color is amazing! Isn't funny how sometimes they same thing you considered a pro could be also a con? haha Your boyfriend much be a total sweetheart!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! It is a little pricey, but the packaging is awesome enough to make up for it haha =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's astonishing how often that is the case!

      Delete
  3. wow I have never used sugarpill makeup before but that colour looks fab- your review is excellent!
    thanks for the lovely comment- i love little details too!
    x
    www.be-a-goddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you! You should definitely try them out if you can afford it.

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...