Sunday 1 July 2012

Outfit of the Day ~ the forest of Arden


{"Run, run Orlando: carve on every tree
The fair, the chaste, and unexpressive she."
 
~As You Like It, William Shakespeare}

I don't know if you've noticed but this outfit is a little different from my usual! Namely because it's actually one of my costumes for my local theatre's up and coming production of As You Like It in which I have the pretty major role of Rosalind. As you can see this isn't very traditional garbs and that's due to us placing the play in a steam punk setting, which is so awesome! We're putting up the set soon and it's going to be pipes and cogs everywhere which I think it's going to look really cool! I love this corset so much and pretty much all the other girls have equally pretty ones but I don't get to wear mine for long since during most of the play my character pretends to be a boy called Ganymede - which is actually a role I am more comfortable in (I'm a massive tomboy in real life). I'm pretty nervous about the play but I still can't wait to do it! Fingers crossed everything goes well.
Although you can't see it (you can here) my hair has gone really very green but luckily I've redyed so it's back to it's glorious turquoise, I'll be doing a post talking about what I think of the hair dye I used. I've also got some swatch posts and a face of the day coming which I'm excited to show you.

Victorian booties ~ stolen from my mum
Gothic skirt and corset ~ borrowed
Lace top ~ F&F
Chain ~ ASOS
Venetican mask ~ gift

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. What an incredibly elegant outfit!

    (Also... PFFT to Larissa's comment. I hate that!)

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...