Sunday 24 June 2012

Outfit of the Day ~ every rose has its thorn.

 {For anyone
Can love a rose.
But only great
Hearts can
Love a thorn
.
}
~ Rose & Thorn, Mamie Free

Summer has finally arrived! Kind of. The weather is being insanely erratic (as it always is) but I have now finished all of my exams and have officially moved out of my uni accommodation. However I still haven't had time to chill out - my parents are preparing the house to put it on the market so I'm helping with that and I'm currently rehearsing for not one, but two plays: Shakespeare's As You Like It (with a steam punk twist) where I'll be playing Rosalind and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice where I'll be playing Charlotte Lucas. I'm really excited about both of them and a bit nervous about the first since opening night is coming up very quickly and I'm playing the lead role - which it's my first time doing, but I know it'll be fine! If you were wondering why I haven't been posting as much as I normally do it's because I've been insanely busy.
As for the actual outfit, I really like it! It's got a bit of a catholic school girl/Wednesday Addams feel to it I think without being suggestive or anything. I've been looking for a spiked headband for ages and just as I was about to cave in a buy one off Etsy I found one in New Look for a lot less! The spikes are stubbier but actually that's a good thing; it makes it more wearable in normal situations. The velvet skater dress is also something I'd been scouring ebay for and managed to win this one! I mean to pair it with many a different blouse in the future, so now I'm searching for the perfect collared long sleeve black chiffon blouse - I have a very specific vision.

So, how are you? Have the summer holidays/vacation started for you yet? Gotten any recent steals from ebay?
Spike studded headband ~ New Look
Pussybow blouse ~ New Look
Velvet skater dress ~ Miss Selfridge via Ebay
Black and white brogues ~ New Look
Velvet blazer ~ vintage

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the shoes and blazer! I hate when you know exactly what you wan't but can't find it anywhere. I'm having the same issue with a finding wolf ring. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks! Took me ages to find that perfect blazer.
      Haha, I'm sure you'll find that ring eventually!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you edit your photos! I like your outfit- the contrast between smooth and crinkled velvet is very visually interesting. Good luck in both of your plays! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but credit goes to my amazing photographer - the boyfriend :) he is very good.
      Awh thanks! I'm gonna need it!

      Delete
  3. This outfit is absolutely brilliant! I love it when people blog with what they were inspired by- in your case a gothic schoolgirl :)
    Thank you for the comment on my blog- I'm so glad I'm not the only one it happens to, and I know it's something I've got used to and should brush off but it just hit me how rude it is.
    So jealous of your future plays- the obly thing I live more than shakespear is Pride and prejudice!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) haha, I'm glad you like it! And I'm glad my comment helped you!

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...