Thursday 24 November 2011

Outfit of the Day ~ Sea Dreaming


Do you want to go to the seaside?
I'm not trying to say that everybody wants to go
I fell in love at the seaside
She handled her charm with time and slight of hand
- The Kooks, Seaside

Last Saturday the boyfriend and I wandered through the lanes, grabbing a pastry breakfast on the way; I opted for a chocolate plait and some mince pies for later and he went for his usual croissants. It was such an unusually sunny but perfect November day. We hung about on the pier and spent some time sitting on the beach, enjoying the weather. At the end of the pier tucked behind the rides was a couple just chilling out on a pair of deck chairs just enjoying the sea, it was so sweet.

 Jacket: vintage (from this fair). I was so happy when I found this since I'd spotted one in a vintage shop a few weeks ago but it had been too small. When I saw this at the fair it look about 5 seconds for me to buy it, it fitted better and it was cheaper (£12!) than the one I had seen before (£25).
Dress: old ASOS. It's falling apart, much to my dismay but I just can't bring myself to throw it away, even though the elastic is degrading at a very fast rate.

 Necklace: super vintage (belonged to my great grandmother).
I've also decided to enter this into www.ethicalfashionblog.com's competition since I consider this outfit to be ethical due to the fact that the blazer is vintage, so no new materials were used to make it and the watch is a hand-me-down and I don't think it gets more ethical than that.

Belt: old ASOS
You might have noticed my hair is still blonde in these photos, this is because I dyed my hair that very evening, but I wanted to show you all my new color so I ignored the fact that there would be a bit of a continuity error.

Eye makeup: I used three shades (Blossom, Pink Lemonade and Blush) from my Frontcover Rainbow Eyes box which I use all the time.

 Shoes: old New Look. I always get compliments for these shoes and they go with pretty much everything. They deserve a bit of a polish really.
As always all photos are taken by the boyfriend, who's tumblr and deviantart exhibit more of his work, of which most does not involve me, so check him out.

23 comments:

  1. The colour of your blazer is gorgeous and your necklace is great - I love wearing antique jewelry, it's nice to think it has a history :)

    victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I definitely agree. And I'm still pretty in love with that blazer.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. These photos are fab, I adore your hair colour! You live in Brighton? Ok, I'm officially jealous <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh, I do, although not for long, it's only for my first year of uni. But I am moving here permanently the minute I can! It is a wonderful town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty lace dress!! The necklace is gorgeous too, reminds us of Alice in Wonderland!
    JS xx

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) well if it makes you think of Alice in Wonderland then it can't be bad!

      Delete
  5. such beautiful pictures honey.. your hair rock! I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me f you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your outfit is great, love your jacket and dress :) And your hair is pretty,too. now following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice place to make some pics.. i do love the sea view... i'm kind of obsessed with that... nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it's nice as long as it's not too windy, that's for sure!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much! You're so kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty outfit, I really like the velvet blazer. And the dress look pristine to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Ah, don't be decieved, I spent a lot of time trimming the hanging elastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The clock is so cute!!!!

    Love the outfit!

    I'm Following you!!! Follow me back!!

    Tiago Aleixo
    http://the3rt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks for following! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  12. This dress is so cute and the pictures are lovely. I found you in my IFB group and I am now following :)

    I'd love it if you liked to take a look at my blog too http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

    xo
    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I just found your blog via IFB and I must say I do love it :) I am so envious of your hair! It's so fun. I never have the guts to mess with mine bc it's red and that could breed disaster! I am your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my blog Gingersnaps and follow if you like what you read there :)

    http://www.gingersnapjordan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! I have the same shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you. It makes me happy that someone with such a cool blog has commented on mine.

      Delete

I really love to read what people have to say, so leave a comment, I'll definitely read it and always try to reply to questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...